The Emergency Housing and Advocacy Program (EHAP) will host an afternoon of drinks, food and fun at the Southgate Manor in Freehold as we celebrate the music of New Jersey born Artists including Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Paul Simon, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra, Kool and the Gang and more! Our fundraiser to support the homeless in our community will include an over-the-top gift auction and 50/50 raffle with hundreds of guests attending.
· In 2019, NJ Counts identified 332 homeless in Monmouth County.
· EHAP is located in Western Monmouth County where there is almost no option for shelter and we house a dozen men at a time each winter from December through the end of March providing shelter for approximately thirty men per season.
· Each winter EHAP provides 1,400+ bed nights and more than 2,800 meals
· EHAP typically has 20+ appointments per day to assist men, women and families obtain ID, apply for medical benefits, receive medical assistance, find housing and receive assistance with job searches.
· The office serves as a warming and cooling center and has restrooms, phones and computers available at no cost. We also receive mail for individuals and provide temporary storage.
· Our licensed social worker spends each winter finding permanent housing for those in our winter shelter program.